What's new

Sterling cigarette case

Nathan W

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2023
Messages
3,457
Reaction score
10,846
Golden Thread
0
Found 2 yrs ago at old homesite area behind a church. It's missing the spring or pin for the hinges. Yes it's got a lot of dents and still some tarnish. I seen online diffrent factors determine a value range. I don't have a scale to weigh it though. Wonder if it's worth more as an antique or as melt?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4927.webp
    IMG_4927.webp
    2.1 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_4928.webp
    IMG_4928.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4929.webp
    IMG_4929.webp
    1.8 MB · Views: 86
I think if it were up to me , I'd at least look into the cost of the resoration and the resulting value of it after the restoration V.R.S. the values of scrap to see if it were worth the invesment !
 
Scrap it. At the price of silver, the “fixed” price would be pretty high.
 
Art Deco case to have it restored would be in the range of $150-250.
To buy one it would be around the $250-450 range.

DYI project a person would have to anneal the case to a temp. of making it workable to get the dents and creases out.
Not an impossible do but it would take some learning also for the average person.

Enjoy as a top shelf recovery in the meantime, you know what it's worth if the $ gets tight.
 
That's a neat looking piece. I'd probably leave it as is if I had found it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom