fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
M.E.G.-Thanks for keeping us updated. Whats the best way to follow this as it develops?

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yuuup, this is gonna be a good one, Thanks M.E.G.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
After reading the articals I tried to post a comment but I needed a URL. now ive got to figure out what to put there for a URL. BUT ill be back to leave a comment!

Maitland

Mar 15, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Detector(s) used
White's Silver Eagle, Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Stay strong Oregon miners! The unconstitutional government agencies we have let tromp all over our rights and liberties for several generations are the ones that need to be served a "cease and desist order"!

RANGER31

Mar 3, 2011
lousisiana
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is some more info on what is takeing place. if u can get up there to help out fellow miners then do so as this is a attack on gold miners. there has been a call to action put out. and here is the info and the phone numbers to contact them. i have talked to them directly today. and they said get everyone u can to get up there.

CALL TO ACTION: GET TO OREGON NOW! If you are a true Militia, true III%, Oathkeeper etc. then you are needed. If you can get away from home to help, NOW IS THE TIME. Just like Bundy ranch, the BLM is out of order! SHUT DOWN THE FOREIGN CORPORATION NOW! The miners need you!!Chris W. Langer IIIThis has been verified. Get your teams together.Posted by Alex Sealey.Operation Gold RushFor Oregon III%Ok now that I have had time to contact the person in charge at the Sugar Pine Mine this is the info that needs to be passed out:EVERYONE WILL BE UNDER THE GUIDANCE OF OATHKEEPERS OF JOSEPHINE COUNTY!!!!!Person of contact at the mineJoseph Rice541-326-1911Oath Keepers of Josephine CountyPO Box 553, Grants Pass, OR 97528Resource Alex [email protected]ly point42.550514, -123.529695Needs 60 minute leeway before you arrive to rally pointThis will be off I-5 exit 61 Galice Rd.LOGISTICSWe need 50 + people on the ground within the next 24 hoursThey need to be self sustained for 7 days with food and gear.There is water and firewood on site.This is mountain terrain plan for adverse weather conditionsDo to some lack are real-estate we are asking people to carpool if they can.There will be limited cell phone coverage.They have the ability to program some radios (baofengs and others) to the frequencies they are running.SUPPLIES WE NEED AS OF RIGHT NOWFuel cards from chevron Fred MeyersMedical suppliesBatteriesFood4-wheeler or side by sideSUPPLY DUMPSAt this time we will be setting up supply dumps in Oregon and activating the Patriot railroad. If you can help with manning a dump or have supplies for a dump please let Alex Sealey know by one of the means above or getting on the Patriot railroad on facebook.

ACTION ALERT
Sugar Pine Mine Mission StatementOur mission is to ensure the Sugar Pine Mine owners' 4th Amendment Constitutional Right to Due Process is not violated by the Bureau of Land Management.
Contacts:

Mary Emerick
541-218-7951
[email protected]
Public Information Officer
Oath Keepers of Josephine County

Clinton Chard
541-441-5216
[email protected]
Logistics Coordinator
Oath Keepers of Josephine County

Oath Keepers Josphine County Oregon

Last edited:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sugar Pine has an apparently valid complaint. This is a great opportunity to straighten the BLM out on the extent of their authority. That's a good thing that would be of benefit to all miners.

Why turn this into another armed standoff cluste*&$# like Bundy? Isn't this about miner's rights?

I fear the entire issue of pre 1955 surface rights are going to be buried under "patriot" BS and a media circus. Are radio ratings really more important than mining rights?

Please don't screw up the best chance we've had in years. This is very winnable without the drama. Get an injunction and bring us the win. Save your testosterone for mining. KISS

Heavy Pans

RANGER31

Mar 3, 2011
lousisiana
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i use to live in gold hill and i have mined in this area. sometime it takes a show of Patriot response to show that as Americans we haven't lost what are for father fought for. the BLM ,USFS, and so many more have trampled on are rights as they continue to close off hunting,fishing,mining,camping and all excess to are public lands. these lands are owned buy us not the feds they cant own lands.only land they can own is for forts and battery's. it is time as Americans we take a stand and say no more to there overreach.

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nevada has a proposed law called the "Bundy Bill" if it passes , it calls for States to takeover Federal lands , and to sell them off to private individuals. If you think the federal BLM doesn't manage the lands to your liking, wait until they are privately owned and you find "NO Tresspassing" signs everywhere like on the East Coast.

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
I posted this to my facebook page as I always hope to sway a few who may be unaware of what may come their way in the near future. All should do the same.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What are we missing, I'm gettin confused which isn't too difficult for me. Something doesn't sound right. Hasn't this been covered and argued in Lex & Waggener, or Mc Clure? A miner can be sited for not following a Plan of Operations (POO), but can not be charged or cited for not submitting a Notice of Intent (NOI) or having a POO. From what I've read so far this is what seems to have happened. Like is supposed to happen, the district ranger or "experienced" mining individual at BLM or USFS made a decision that they feel the Sugarpine needs a POO and as such issued an order of noncompliance. Which starts a process or clock for the Sugarpine to appeal and make their case. No one has been charged or cited, and this has been argued and decided in court before in the favor of mining, so what else is at issue? Seems like another slam dunk and another case file to put in the claim box.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What are we missing, I'm gettin confused which isn't too difficult for me. Something doesn't sound right. Hasn't this been covered and argued in Lex & Waggener, or Mc Clure? A miner can be sited for not following a Plan of Operations (POO), but can not be charged or cited for not submitting a Notice of Intent (NOI) or having a POO. From what I've read so far this is what seems to have happened. Like is supposed to happen, the district ranger or "experienced" mining individual at BLM or USFS made a decision that they feel the Sugarpine needs a POO and as such issued an order of noncompliance. Which starts a process or clock for the Sugarpine to appeal and make their case. No one has been charged or cited, and this has been argued and decided in court before in the favor of mining, so what else is at issue? Seems like another slam dunk and another case file to put in the claim box.

In theory this is about a pre 1955 mining claim's surface rights. Claims made before 1955 are not a subject of surface management unless they agreed in writing to subject the claim to surface management. The BLM can't require a POO for occupation or equipment usage reasonably incident to mining because the surface of the claimed area is not under their jurisdiction.

Pre 1955 mining claims have greater rights than unperfected post 1955 mining claims. McClure and Lex/Waggner don't apply because they are decisions about surface management of post 1955 mining claims.

I say "in theory" because on closer inspection it appears the BLM is not trying to govern surface use of the 1876 (pre 1955) Sugar Pine Mine mining claim but are likely looking at the adjacent 1975 (post 1955) Sugar Pine Mine S. Ext mining claim. That claim could be subject to surface management by the BLM.

I'm hoping we haven't been misled into supporting the rights of a pre 1955 claim when the problems are actually about another claim, that is also owned by the officers of the Galice Mining District, that does not have pre 1955 surface rights. I'm hoping someone from the district can clear this up. If this really is about the 1975 claim it could seriously undermine the authority of the entire Galice Mining District and their officers.

Perhaps the officers at the Galice Mining District could share the "Cease and Desist Order" with their supporters and clear up this possible misunderstanding? It's public information so there is no need for this secrecy if everything is on the up and up. If they want our support it's important that they describe their situation honestly.

Heavy Pans

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread