Light_Rod UPDATE

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out this morning doing more testing the new Light_Rod. Don't know if it's the cold weather and snowing, too early, solar interference, too much coffee, or what but it is not as sensitive as the older, lighter version. (I haven't done much work when it is snowing. I've read the snow causes static from the ice crystals rubbing together. Never noticed this but it could be a factor.) It just seems too bouncy to me even though it is thicker rod. I was really liking it yesterday so I have to assume it is probably something to do with me that is upsetting things. Maybe need to go with heavier rod for early morning work. LOL :dontknow:

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back outside with wind chill at -6F and snowing and blowing. I took both rods with me and was just shocked to see how much better the lighter rod worked (18+ grams). The two rods are almost exactly the same except for heavier materials. But the difference is day and night. The lighter rod just feels alive and the heavier rod just feels like a hunk of metal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread