Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this a good thing or a bad thing? :icon_scratch: I found a marble today that I thought was rather neat. Full of bubbles! I like it, but not sure what collectors think about the bubbles. I don't have a clue who the manufacturer is or even a round about date. Here's a pic....

100_2011.JPG

100_2010.JPG

100_2013.JPG

Two days ago I found this one at the same site. I REALLY like the amber color! Same on this one...don't have a clue on maker or date....but I'm SURE someone will know! ;D

100_2008.JPG

100_2009.JPG

IMG_7446.JPG

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Hi Nana! :hello:

My understanding after reading a little bit is that the air bubbles are common in machine made marbles, much like the marks that look like folds or cracks.

I have NO idea how it affects value, or even IF it does...

Great pictures :)

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
bubbles are kewl imho...as long as they dont pop on the surface of the mib...some manu like peltier or master hail it as a trademark and sometimes if theres bunches of little bubbles the base would be called champiagn...[sp]...marble kings with lotsa bubbles in a white catseye are called blizzards....what you have there is a japanese catseye....the other looks like a champion swirl from pennsboro but could be any number of west virginia makers....dosnt really affect the marbles value ...its still factory mint with those bubbles....and the term for that is "as made" some collectors would add it to their stash....heres one of my favorits i use as an avatar on another board
http://marvelousmibs.s4.bizhat.com/images/avatars/marvelousmibs/10.jpg

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info Duffy and Jim! Great that we have a marble forum! :icon_sunny: I love finding them!

Nana :)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was in the marble collecting business....just for fun, I found the bubbly ones chip easily. Since I was a marble shooting fool as a child, I chipped and broke a bunch of them just shooting them out of a ring. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread