Peltier wolverine

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well then, right when I think I'm starting to know the various types of pelts (and their names) "KABAM"! BTW - this little baby is dropdead gorgeous. And the Green Fizz is cool. My list of "I WANT one of THOSE" is turning into a full-fledged notebook. I've never thot of myself as greedy, but, oh yeah, I am there fer sure. Madness.

OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Lol, I hear ya! I posted this over at AAM and there is some debate as to if it's a pelt or MK. One of the known pelt gurus is messaging me telling me he thinks it is a wolverine, so I'm leaving it as that until I hear something conclusive otherwise.

OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
The votes are heavy towards it being MK and I can see MK myself although it has some pelt characteristics too, but I defer to the majority and I'm going with a nice Marble King.

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The votes are heavy towards it being MK and I can see MK myself although it has some pelt characteristics too, but I defer to the majority and I'm going with a nice Marble King.

Hmm. When I first saw the pics I was just blown away by how good looking it was. By the time I got to the last pic, my eyes went smack dab to the seam and for a BRIEF moment I thot MK. But you mentioned the size fit the Wolverine and with what the base glass looked like, I bounced quickly back to Pelt. But I do see the differences - the Wolverine online much more transparent/pelty looking ribbons than yours. That said, I have seen some very pretty MK's but this mib ranks up there at the top. Is it a Blue Boy? (I can't quite tell what the base color is in the pics.)

Last edited:
OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
So here it is amongst similarly constructed Peltiers:

And here it is amongst similarly constructed Marble Kings:

See the dilemma?

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No help from me on this one!! Is the base a dark or light blue? If MK, would it be considered a Blue Boy/hybrid? From my limited info on them, I haven't seen any with white ribbons? I have one bumble Blue Boy and one other but it does not resemble the glass on yours so I would have to agree with one of the comments in that respect (just my very humble beginner's opinion!) I also don't see how it can your camera causing the base to look like it has debris? Either way I still love the marble.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
The base is very dark blue, almost black until strongly backlit. I don't know if it would be a blue boy or not. What looks like debris in the pics is more like blotches in the ribbons in hand I think. I wish my maglite would stay on... the switch is bad on it. I will look more under magnification but the pics make it look like debris in translucent glass, but it's not.

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blue boy are lite blue as far as I know. Favor? Post it on LOM? I say Pelt by that one white ribbon that doesn't connect. And Alan is rite. Not MK glass. Debris or not. OOK. I'll behave. Just don't agree with the majority.

OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Th eblue base and no bubbles puts me on MK though. I'm probably sending Chuck G. the marble so he can look at it up close and personal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions