What's new

My finds for Friday and Saturday

Johnny Ringo Silver

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2007
Messages
885
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe
I really wish I could have stuck around for the Sunday hunt, but I'm glad everyone had a good time. It was awesome seeing everyone again!! I really enjoyed bumping elbows with the gang for another hunt. I didn't find too awful much, but there's a few keepers in there.
I'm really starting to think I might have found an iron meteorite on saturday. I'll put some pictures of my finds along with my suspected meteorite and a few authentic ones. Let me know what you think.
 

Attachments

  • 100_1767.webp
    100_1767.webp
    28 KB · Views: 371
  • 100_1768.webp
    100_1768.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 363
My meteorite
 

Attachments

  • 100_1770.webp
    100_1770.webp
    46.6 KB · Views: 359
  • 100_1771.webp
    100_1771.webp
    40.5 KB · Views: 351
authentic ones for comparison
 

Attachments

  • GN736-2A.webp
    GN736-2A.webp
    18 KB · Views: 361
  • unwa-571-6g.webp
    unwa-571-6g.webp
    85.6 KB · Views: 355
It was great seeing you again also....thanks for all of your help.
I sure hope thats what we think it is...glad to see you made it through the night...
 
If that is a meteor, that is a heck of a find. I'm pulling for it to be one! :thumbsup:
Love that baggage tag. That is a cool find.

Baldingboy
 
You you definitely weren't short with finding ordnance (I found my fair share too) :D
That baggage tag is awesome. . . cleaned up really swell.

And about that meteorite, that's the first one I've ever had a chance to hold in my hand :)
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that's the real deal :thumbsup:
 
Johnny, I have one that has been authenticated, but it is only the size of a pea. I hope yours turns out to be real!

Rick
 

Attachments

  • 100_4238.webp
    100_4238.webp
    7.8 KB · Views: 339
I hope you do more research on that baggage tag. I think you can date it. Good finds to me. Thank you for coming down.

Burdie
 
I think...and correct me if I am wrong Burdie,that the railroad first came to Caldwell in about 1888...it was on a sign there in town....Would bne cool if it was that old
 
Gypsy Heart said:
I think...and correct me if I am wrong Burdie,that the railroad first came to Caldwell in about 1888...it was on a sign there in town....Would bne cool if it was that old

A good chance of it thats for sure Gypsy.

Burdie
 
OHHHHH!!! L O V E that baggage tag!!! :o I hadn't heard about that find. I hope everyone posts their finds so we can see what all was found. Was great to see you again!

Nana :)
 
a baggage tag and a possible meteorite both! Well done! Lots of folks had been wishing they could find bullets and now have their fill of them after that hunt and I see you got in on that group too. lol Sure was good to see you again!
 
nice find JR, get her checked out and let us know
 
Very cool I founda missouri Baggage tag just like that once but not a pretty, got close to 100.00 for it, some are very collectable. Love to hear more about the meteor
 
First it was sooo great to see you again ! Then love that tag I hope you can find the age out, then the meteorite wow I do really hope it is the real thing do let us know ! :icon_sunny:
 
The chicken is in the same spot it was when I pulled out of Caldwel.lol
 

Attachments

  • 100_1773.webp
    100_1773.webp
    42.2 KB · Views: 232
I'm laughin' so hard I'm cryin' over here... that's stinkin' hilarious!!!! :D :D :D

Bran <><
 
rofl You never know what will happen with this bunch! Toooooo funny!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom