5 musket balls in 1 hole

parker23

Greenie
Dec 23, 2006
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
DFX
Hi Gang,
Back in the game after a few years off. I forgot what I was missing.
The sight I have been searching is the location of a well traveled area used during the King Philip's War of 1675-1676. That was the 1st war of Colonial times and was quite brutal and far reaching throughout the colonies. We have been finding the usual small buckles, shards of shot balls and the like.
Thursday, we hit the area again and I got a series of crazy deep readings. Dug between the roots of 2 massive trees and pulled out a small ball. Checked the hole and more targets were indicated. Withing 20 minutes of digging a 1' diameter hole, I had musket 5 balls.

The weird thing is that there were 3 sizes. Large, medium and small??? I will get some photo's and measurements this week and update post.

Any thoughts?

It's nice being back to this great hobby. The only exception is poison ivy and a few bug bites.

Bruce

Upvote 0
Most likely dropped or placed there. WTG. Gotta love that poison ivy. I've had it 6 times already this year. Probably will end up at about 15 times by the end of the season. Mosquitoes on the other hand I will never get used to!
Keep at it, there probably are some killer finds waiting to be unearthed.
Thanks for sharing.
Dave.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread