CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cleaned up the items this evening from my next to last hunt and found out that I had a tire pressure gauge, so that hunt was not a complete waste of time. It says "THE FISK RUBBER COMPANY" on it and is the second one built like this that I have found. My first one was so toasted and banged up that the text on it was illegible. And it took some time to ID. Goes4ever had posted one and his was in better shape and he IDed it. Thanks for that info Goes! Am happy to finally get one where most of the text is legible !

11_05_2014 tire pressure n roosevelt.jpg 11_05_2014 roosevelt back.jpg

The Roosevelt item turned up during todays hunt, thought at first that it was a clad half-dollar score but then saw Roosevelt and knew it was something else. Maybe this is some prize item of some sort, need some input on it, if someone knows, thanks in advance !

Thanks for stopping by and hope you enjoyed the post =)

Upvote 5

Dirtwisher

Nov 1, 2013
MA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 9" and 11", AT Pro, Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs.
Can I politely request the moderator to intervene with this poster? There has to be a way to keep the two or three main offenders from posting this stuff. You guys know who you are. I can't describe how annoying this is. The posts immediately before these pointless comments get covered up by these autobot posts. Most of us are not even seeing things that would be nice to see because the preview only shows "nice digs".

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How do you know these guys are bots ? I tend to have semi good items that get some views but no comments of any sort here. If it weren't for these guys my post would often get no replies.

Dirtwisher

Nov 1, 2013
MA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How do you know these guys are bots ? I tend to have semi good items that get some views but no comments of any sort here. If it weren't for these guys my post would often get no replies.
You've had plenty of awesome stuff on here from the looks of it! Nice resume of finds. I just hate seeing worthwhile posts get smothered up by replies that have little if any value. I bet there are times when the posts above yours get a "nice digs" and push yours so far down that few end up seeing it. Hence, few posts. For me, a post that contains no insight or thought means nothing. In fact if it keeps others from seeing insightful replies to my post, I consider it detrimental. Maybe I am in the minority but I don't think so.

digndeep

Jul 28, 2014
cambridge,md
Detector(s) used
Xp ORX, whites v3, whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
man dat tokens clean!,all my stuffs been toasty for bout a month..oh yeah...nice digs!

coolhandgump

Greenie
Oct 29, 2012
lakeland FL
Detector(s) used
fisher f4/ at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Roosevelt token! I found an Abraham Lincoln of the same kind with neat facts on the back but I would have rather found one with T.R. !!!!

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
man dat tokens clean!,all my stuffs been toasty for bout a month..oh yeah...nice digs!

hi digndeep =)
Some places have soil that is nice to coins, that spot doesn't have any trees nearby think that helps also, love that black sand there have been newer wheats dug there with hints of shine on them still =)

Nice Roosevelt token! I found an Abraham Lincoln of the same kind with neat facts on the back but I would have rather found one with T.R. !!!!

hi coolhandgump , thanks =) Did you find out where the brass / copper tokens like that came from by chance?

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I certainly hope my post is found to be acceptable to Dirtwasher. The token is a nice find. LOVE the tire pressure gauge. I wonder how accurate it would be today?

Dirtwisher

Nov 1, 2013
MA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I certainly hope my post is found to be acceptable to Dirtwasher. The token is a nice find. LOVE the tire pressure gauge. I wonder how accurate it would be today?
Perfect. It's more than the same two words written to twenty posts in a row. Bill D is one of the most valuable resources on this forum and shares my sentiments. I'm sure we're not the only two.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perfect. It's more than the same two words written to twenty posts in a row. Bill D is one of the most valuable resources on this forum and shares my sentiments. I'm sure we're not the only two.
I usually stay out of this stuff but it's pretty frustrating when a good post gets knocked down 40 spots in the matter of a couple of minutes. This actually happened to one of mine awhile ago. I posted and not 5 minutes later it was almost pushed off the first page. Though I do enjoy thoughtful responses I really don't have an issue with a quick reply. Sometimes I'm in a hurry and can only say something quick but the same thing over and over stuck on everybody's posts in the matter of a couple minutes can get a bit frustrating.

slowwevo

Jan 1, 2014
The Sunshine State/The Golden State
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Can I politely request the moderator to intervene with this poster? There has to be a way to keep the two or three main offenders from posting this stuff. You guys know who you are. I can't describe how annoying this is. The posts immediately before these pointless comments get covered up by these autobot posts. Most of us are not even seeing things that would be nice to see because the preview only shows "nice digs".
while I do agree with you,dont hold your breath regarding mod intervention,I have to say I am conflicted,on one hand these thoughtless replies do show how insincere ppl here can be,but on the other if it wasn't for these SpamBot responses,90% of my threads would still be siting at 0 replie's instead of the 3-4 there,ty spambots

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hi beez, thanks ! Yeah the TP gauges I have both look to be broken down the side am speculating that water freezing inside the gauge breaks it along the side. Given the broken tube don't think they can be made to work again.

P.S. I found a site that listed the Fisk Rubber Co. as the manufacturer of tires for the 1929 Durant.

Last edited:

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I usually stay out of this stuff but it's pretty frustrating when a good post gets knocked down 40 spots in the matter of a couple of minutes. This actually happened to one of mine awhile ago. I posted and not 5 minutes later it was almost pushed off the first page. Though I do enjoy thoughtful responses I really don't have an issue with a quick reply. Sometimes I'm in a hurry and can only say something quick but the same thing over and over stuck on everybody's posts in the matter of a couple minutes can get a bit frustrating.

Abe, I always try to look for your posts. One day when I grow up I hope to be as good a detectorist as you are now. Due to distance we'll never be as "close" as OD and Cjon, but do love to see your finds and appreciate the effort you put into research to come up with relatively unhunted sites.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Abe, I always try to look for your posts. One day when I grow up I hope to be as good a detectorist as you are now. Due to distance we'll never be as "close" as OD and Cjon, but do love to see your finds and appreciate the effort you put into research to come up with relatively unhunted sites.
Beez I always enjoy reading your comments and seeing your posts. The only reason I have made good finds is because I'm a research fanatic(almost to the point of being unhealthy lol) and I happen to reside in a place that has great history and not too many detectorists. Maybe the fact that I go to some places that are very hard to get to as well. But you've done very well and you seem like a very nice guy which counts for far more than any coin or relic ever could. If you ever do end up in my neck of the woods I promise you a trip to some very nice colonial sites....and a lobster dinner lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread