Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my crusty, rusty iron stacked up in the utility closet. Well, needless to say, I sorted out and the really bad stuff went in the garbage. I know this is junque compared to y'all's finds, but believe me I still have fun trying to figure out what some things used to be. Hubby tells me I'm a junque collector, I need to get rid of some of it...sssssh! don't tell him what's in the packing shed. ;D

The 2nd pic is the old Hudson car radio (frame) that I found last year, this is one piece of junque that I really like, so I'm keeping it. :D

;) RR

Iron2.jpg
HudsoRadio2.jpg

Upvote 0

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That radio frame is very cool-definitely not junk, but junque. You could make a photo frame out of it, which would then turn it into art ::)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
junk like beauty is in the eye of the beholder -- Ivan

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I think your finds are cool and the radio frame is great, it would make a nice picture frame wouldn't it?

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
RR I love that rusty stuff! My Hubby says its junk too. I found a heavy round piece of iron the other day, looks like a hockey puck. Hubby says it was probably one of my burgers off the grille :D. Yup I'd keep the hudson too! (probably wouldn't be able to throe the rest out either :-\)

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Very cool, RR! It would make a cool picture frame.

When I was a toddler, my folks had an old Hudson. 193-? '48? Can't remember the year, but I remember the car!

HH
Nan

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Great pile-o-rust River Rat! And parts in there you can use on your trike? LOL A rust theme bike? Thanks for posting it!

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
I think everyone must have a pile that looks like that. I too have several what-it's that I am keeping and trying to get the rust of off. Thanks for sharing!

I totally love that Hudson radio frame. Too cool.

zartan7779

Dec 3, 2006
new hampshire
Detector(s) used
a cheap $75.00 ebay one
yes i do truely like trying to figure out what the rusty metal parts are or were lol

have fun and enjoy it

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW River Rat, you have been a very busy bee! Nice Diggin there!!

HAHA ......Looks like MaesterEagles robot's last girlfriend after it pulverized her and buried her in the dirt ;D :D

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I get the same response from the wife RR...."Never gonna do anything with it",got bucket's of it.All of it has a story...I Love it all!!....Definetley a picture frame....perfect hanger.Thank's for sharing and HH!!

DiggerBug

Oct 28, 2006
Bama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
River, I keep my junk too. I would make the radio frame the "art" and hang a frame around it.
I seperated my junk into "round things", "horseshoes", etc. I'm looking for some old barn wood or something to display some of it on.

rings.jpg
horseshoes.jpg
Chains.jpg
hindges.jpg

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the radio frame and it would make a nice display with some era relics or coins within it. HH, Mike

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
I was cleaning up the other day and found some of my "junk". It was a lot easier throwing it out after it has been sitting around for 6+ months than right after I found it. ;D Not too worry I still have a good junk stash. ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions