Return to Sidewalk to Nowhere - more coins!

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone. Late yesterday I returned to the park that I talked about earlier in the weekend (http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/655884-sidewalk-nowhere-except-good-coins.html) and concentrated on the north/uphill side of the old sidewalk. Sure enough, there were more good items!

The two Mercury Dimes are 1919-D and 1927. The '19 caused me to pause for a moment because the final "9" is worn away and I thought for a second it might be a "6", but upon close examination it's a 9. No 1916-D Merc for me, but I'm still super happy with the two I got.

One of the Mercs was near this large hole in the ground. I'm pretty sure the hole is an animal's burrow (groundhog?), but I couldn't help imagining Pennywise the Clown (from Steven King's IT) reaching out from the hole to grab me as I was digging. "There are even more pretty shiny coins down here, Brian. Down here we all float....".

The site produced yet another War Nickel, this time a 1943-P, and five Wheaties along with some other clad.

It also produced one of those 1950's era presidential tokens; this one is John Adams.
I also found a fake Navy button (probably from one of those imitation peacoats that were stylish) and another religious charm.
Since I have found so many charms I made sure to dig every repeatable signal; you'll see that I removed a lot of pull tabs from the ground yesterday. Don't you love the pull tabs that have a root growing through them (last picture)?

Rounding out the finds were a lock - and 2 feet from it a key, though I can't tell if they match since the lock is so corroded. And the weirdest find was the tiny little hammer - probably part of a toy set from the early/mid 20th century?

Anyway, this site has been fantastic already, and I'm just getting started. There's still more ground to cover north and south of the sidewalk, and I still have to check out another two sidewalk areas that led to the old, now-removed buildings. I think I found my go-to 2021 location.
Havin' fun!

- Brian

d4SKk8Y.jpg

A7iT2nI.jpg grwCAPS.jpg
SFxNsES.jpg

3ASjLMN.jpg 7xx3X40.jpg

Upvote 14

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Pretty darn productive and the best It reference I?ve seen in a long time. It ?could? have been a groundhog but ?perhaps? it was a turtle that dug that. A turtle of enormous girth and on his back he holds the Earth...

All things serve the beam...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread