Double Stamped Quarter Dollar

lucky man

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I have as shown is quarter that was stamped off center. Pictured to the right is a normal stamped quarter. What is it worth?? 011.JPG 010.JPG

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Yours looks to be roughly 5-10% off center. How much they are off dictates the value on the modern common stuff. Looking at Ebay auctions it seems that state quarters like yours sell for $10-$40. I know that's a broad price range but I'm just going by "sold auctions" and Ebay is always a crap shoot. Here's a typical example and this one is even certified. 1999-D CONN. 25¢ ~ STRUCK OFF-CENTER PCGS | eBay

paulb104

Feb 7, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guessing everyone knows that on ebay, to see what something is worth to never look at what is selling. First look at what has actually sold. Anyone can ask fifty bucks for a widget, but that doesn't mean they're going to get it...

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
$10-$40 sounds about right - Good thing its still dated, else that would be chopped in half.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I'm guessing everyone knows that on ebay, to see what something is worth to never look at what is selling. First look at what has actually sold. Anyone can ask fifty bucks for a widget, but that doesn't mean they're going to get it...
Very true. That's why I posted the results of "sold" auctions..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread