What's new

10-11-25

ncsuwolf

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2024
Messages
1,241
Reaction score
3,216
Golden Thread
0
Location
Near Richmond va
Had an hour or so this afternoon. Hit a spot I’ve hit 6-8 times. Apparently I’ve walked over a bunch of stuff in my short career.

General service (scoville) eagle in less than pristine shape, cool little civilian cuff button, dress/drapery wt, harmonica pieces, sleigh bell (with dinger still inside), bra/garter buckle (I think) and something marked “us” which eludes me.

Things were ringing up very odd today…..eagle came up as a 28 on the nox 900…..a pull tab is 39. Maybe that’s the reason I’ve walked over things…..

Any ideas on the us piece would be appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4165.webp
    IMG_4165.webp
    5.4 MB · Views: 188
  • IMG_4166.webp
    IMG_4166.webp
    5.1 MB · Views: 121
Upvote 18
For you and Nathan…..any ideas on time frame? Lots of civil war activity at the site, but also found ww1 items as well. Is it military, postal, other????
I would think by that style of font it's civil war era. Someone else may know if it was used by soldiers or not
 
Nice haul
Had an hour or so this afternoon. Hit a spot I’ve hit 6-8 times. Apparently I’ve walked over a bunch of stuff in my short career.

General service (scoville) eagle in less than pristine shape, cool little civilian cuff button, dress/drapery wt, harmonica pieces, sleigh bell (with dinger still inside), bra/garter buckle (I think) and something marked “us” which eludes me.

Things were ringing up very odd today…..eagle came up as a 28 on the nox 900…..a pull tab is 39. Maybe that’s the reason I’ve walked over things…..

Any ideas on the us piece would be appreciated.
Nice haul!! I would be grinning ear to ear👍!!
 
You did good. I think along the lock cover
 
Very nice finds - congrats !

Yes, the face of a Padlock - a Crotal Bell and a Dress Hem Weight,
 
I'm with the rest, it's a lock cover plate. Nice finds.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom