What's new

101 yrs. old Barber dime in dry sand this morning

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi:hello:,

Went out to further investigate the coil problem: no problem with the Elite/ shorter cabled coil

no problem with GT / longer cabled coil

Tomorrow I'll switch the coils for further investigation, but this morning I wanted to spend more time in the hunt.

Tide was high so it was dry sand detecting; found a G-4 condition ( IMHO), right on top of the dry sand! It's only the second one I've found since starting detecting about 8 yrs. ago.

Not an eye-ball find because it was almost the same color as the gray sand; would have missed it , but the Elite picked up the bright high sound.

This beach is verrrrrrrrrrrry old...dating back to the lated 1700's;

Here's some pics

thanks for looking

Lorraine

DSCF3189.webp

DSCF3190.webp

DSCF3193.webp
 
Upvote 0
nice shape too :thumbsup:
 
Congrats on the barber, Lorraine ! !
I love the barbers
Keep up the great swinging! !
 
Very Nice coin!! :wav: Congratulations!!:wav: Good Luck next hunts!!:treasurechest:
 
Great job on the Barber. The fact that you posted how old it was wakes one up. I find a few once and awhile but never really put a age (number) to them..... 101 Amazing....:thumbsup:
 
Makes you wonder about the dime's story and how it got to be right on top, in good condition and yet is so old. The knife is cool too.
 
Grats, Lorraine! Nice barber.
 
Excellent find, Lorraine. Congratulations.
 
That is a pretty sweet looking coin! Congrats on that and the other treasures.
 
If that old beach is giving up 100 year old coins. I suspect you are going to find more vintage stuff. Nice find!!!
 
Nice silver coin finds lately...I really liked the Walker and now this little barber dime, great beach finds. The 1913-S is a key be sure there's not a mint mark on the reverse...:happysmiley:
 
Congratulations on the very nice find. Those old silver coins are a rare treat to find.
 
Thanks, wildcarrot; I checked that out..nothing :>( ; maybe the next one will be a "hit"

Lorraine



Nice silver coin finds lately...I really liked the Walker and now this little barber dime, great beach finds. The 1913-S is a key be sure there's not a mint mark on the reverse...:happysmiley:
 
Just amazing that you can walk down a beach and find a beauty like that practically laying on the sand! Someday when I retire! The barbers are my favorite. I have only found 1 barber dime to date. I hope you keep working that old beach over score some more!
 
Nice score young lady. You always manage to pull a rabbit out of the hat.
mag01_e0.gif
WTG
 
Awesome find on the Dime! I was trying to rhyme!
 
Great condition for a beach Barber...congrats.
 
IMG_0148.webpIMG_0149.webp Knife reminded me of one I found a few years ago...its one of my favorite land finds.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom