What's new

12 in coil on the fritz

Hutch911

Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
892
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Has anyone seen this... when I turn up the gain past start up on a MXT it gose crazy and get the overload. my other coils and my girlfriends 12 coil off her MTX is ok. I know it is the coil but is there anything to do before I send it off?

Thanks
 
Did you check the coil cover? Wiggle the connector or where the cable enters the coil?
 
yes it all seem tight and I moved the wire around while it was on with no change the crazy thing is as long as I keep the gain in the normal range it is fine just when I try to bump it up to +1 or +2 and I always been able to hunt that hot 99% of the time it goes nuts.
 
Whites have warranty of 2 years if the you sent it in.. Just call them..
 
You may have a bad coil! Send it to Whites for a replacement!
 
Took it to Centerville Electronics and Bob handed me a new one no questions asked.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Hutch
 
Two summers ago I was using my 12" in the water and it went crazy. When I got it home and shook it you could hear water inside of it. Sent it to Whites and they sent me a new one.
 
The 12" coil being a much larger coil and when used with high preamp settings is much more subject to pick up outside harmonics radio waves etc; this would make it crazy to some effect. just a thought
:coffee2:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom