Jun 15, 2013
New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had a good weekend so far. Pulled out 4 Mercs and a few buffaloes on Friday. Yesterday went to a favorite heavily hunted park and came up with 12 Indians (3 best day of all time for Indians), 2 shield nickels, a first for me finding 2 in one day, a V nickel and a war nickel. First time I found a set of all the major type nickels in one day. I know, they're toasted, but I still like finding them. I haven't cleaned up the Indians or nickels at this point, so they should look better. I must add, I feel very fortunate to live in NY where there are spots to make finds like this. I know for some of our detecting brothers and sisters in more rural areas of the midwest would be tickled to find an Indian. I've must admit, I've gotten a bit spoiled.

indians 10-24-15.jpg

nickels 10-24-15.jpg

dimes 10-23-15.jpg

Upvote 17
Wow what a spot!, judging by those finds you are willing to dig all signals, even the low ones and you've been rewarded well for it! Keep it up

Very nice results from the park, what sort of depth are they coming up from?
I really need to get the 3030 repaired.

That's a great site you're on- if I found even one IHC I would spend another 40-50 hours there at least. Congrats on the great finds.

That's the kind of park we would all love to hunt, awesome!

Awesome digs, 24 keepers in one hunt, I know I'll never do that where I live. I believe that the majority of MDers to hit that park must have discriminated everything. There loss & your gain.

Heck of a hunt ! :occasion14:

Very nice results from the park, what sort of depth are they coming up from?
I really need to get the 3030 repaired.

They're coming up at 6-8". This park has been hunted for 40 years and it the past month or so I pulled up about 40 Indians (plus gold, Barbers, Mercs etc.)

From another nickel hunter WOW that a great day.
george

Funny how you spotted me as a nickel hunter. If you are not pulling up nickels, you are DEFINITELY missing gold. I've pulled several pieces of gold out of this park this year including a gold coin. Yes, I DO dig nickels.

I thought I was doing good with 10 wheats and a rosy here in the southwest today, great day of hunting there buddy!!!

I like finding Indians and old nickels too. I would love hunts like that:icon_thumright:

I like finding Indians and old nickels too. I would love hunts like that:icon_thumright:

Funny thing, one of the guys I was detecting with told me I found an "Old Dude" nickel when I showed him the war nickel.

guessing you did not spend a lot of time standing. I love spending knee time with nics, my best nickel hunt was 10 days in a field where I nailed 18 Buffs and my only Shield from 1868. only managed 5 war nics in 3 seasons, but I do have over 350 from coin rolls. BREWSTER ROCKS!!

Good Job, nice stuff.
Yes I do believe that is the most IHs I've seen in one post. Looks like a lot of fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back