What's new

18 karat ring , Arizona tax token, toasted wheat, and a nice pile of clad

Johncoho

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2014
Messages
2,862
Reaction score
7,292
Golden Thread
0
Location
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was yesterdays' hunt at 2 local parks for about 4 hours. I found IMG_0003.webpIMG_0001.webpIMG_0002.webpIMG_0003.webpIMG_0004.webpIMG_0005.webpIMG_0006.webp 87 clad totaling $5.98. a toasted wheat that didn't give up a date, an Arizona tax token, circa 1930's, and an 18 karat engagement ring missing the large diamond. I assume it was a diamond, as the 2 small ones alongside the setting tested as diamond. I hunted the hole hoping to find the missing stone, but it was like the proverbial needle in the haystack. All in all it was a nice hunt for a place that doesn't give up many goodies. Thanks for looking and happy hunting
 
Upvote 50
tn_outstanding.gif
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing...
 
Awesome hunt! Gz on the gold and I like the tax token! Thanks for sharing...
 
Congratualtions on the gold ring! :occasion14:

The token is very nice!
 
Great hunt! Congrats. -Lisa & John
 
Sweet ring!

Would it be worth panning the dirt from that hole? I would have been tempted to run to Home Depot, buy dirt, fill the hole and take the original dirt home. [emoji57]
 
Outstanding hunt, Johncoho!! Looks like AZ is giving up her goodies to you!!
I keep a hand held flour sifter on my truck for loose stones..........as long as the soil is dry, it will run through and leave the small stones for a later look see. The 1st nice ring I found missing the stone prompted a quick run to the Dollar Store.............
 
Thats my nightmare to find a ring minus the diamond dude go grab the dirt in the hole enough to make sure the stone would be in there it probably came loose from its cradle bring some more fill dirt battaboom baby !!!!!!Thanks for sharing!! nice finds!!!!
 
If I had it to do over I would have done what you said. I don't know if I could find the right hole again.
Outstanding hunt, Johncoho!! Looks like AZ is giving up her goodies to you!!
I keep a hand held flour sifter on my truck for loose stones..........as long as the soil is dry, it will run through and leave the small stones for a later look see. The 1st nice ring I found missing the stone prompted a quick run to the Dollar Store.............
 
Its all good there is lots more to find awesome ring keep up the good work my friend!!!!!!!
 
Awesome gold score, :hello2: I'd go back and sift that soil for the stone, nothing ventured, nothing gained. :dontknow:
 
I already have plans to go back and sift for the diamond, Loco. When the ring was dug the setting was packed with dirt, so it may be a long shot to hope for the stone, but as you said nothing ventured nothing gained
Awesome gold score, :hello2: I'd go back and sift that soil for the stone, nothing ventured, nothing gained. :dontknow:
 
Do not get discouraged if you don't find the diamonds, try yes, but you recovered the gold. great job regardless.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom