What's new

1864 Springfeild 2nd Allin Conversion.

JustOneMorePlug

Full Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2025
Messages
177
Reaction score
937
Golden Thread
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Picked this up the other day, and I thought it was an awesome piece of history! It's an 1864 Springfield musket that was converted to a .50-70 Trapdoor in 1866. I plan on taking a deer with it and then displaying it with my mounts.

Does anyone have an idea of what it might be worth? I've seen prices all over the place. Everything appears to be there and in good condition for its age.

Thanks for looking!
20260608_190041.webp
20260608_190056.webp
20260608_190109.webp
 
Upvote 14
I’m assuming you already know this but, you should get it taken to a guy like this if you ever want to use it. , unless it’s been stored perfectly even if it has been, it’s still worth getting the internals looked at.

Thanks for the info.
 
Here’s the one I got. some 90 year old guy gave it to me because his family was ‘uncomfortable’ around it. Then he died.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8011.webp
    IMG_8011.webp
    268.5 KB · Views: 21
I just received my deer permit for this fall. I plan on using a Winchester 94 from 1938 that I restored. It’s a 38-55 cal. I haven’t fired it since restoration so need to try it. It’s not an antique but just vintage.
It is a beautiful Winchester.
I have a Marlin of a similar vintage in .38-55. I have used it to hunt deer and have killed a couple with it. We have mostly close shots in woods so. In an open field, its trajectory makes hits difficult so I don't use it for that.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom