What's new

1870 Wells Fargo Robbery in Ellis Kansas

khpony

Sr. Member
Joined
May 29, 2006
Messages
308
Reaction score
72
Golden Thread
0
Location
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Does anyone have any information on this? Info on the net is scarce and the stories identical. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
The legend was told by a lady historian that had a tendency to embellish a story. My research into it never produced anything that would back up her story. Ellis was a division point on the Kansas Pacific Railway and they did have a large payroll but there is nothing in any records I have researched to indicate an actual robbery of the payroll ever occurred.
 
Thanks LukeTHr I appreciate the helps. It confirms what I thought.
 
LukeTHr....Have you ever found a source for researching stage coach or train robberies? I'm having a hard time finding anything. They seem to guard those records and on several inquiries I was told they don't respond to the public with that info.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom