1887 eagle thingy? - Lol, I forgot the pics, they're on now.....
I found this in 2006 at a remote location near martha's vineyard. I found it at a 1700's homesite that had eroded into the ocean, only the corner of the house remained. Right at the center where I tried to polish it up, it says Pat. No 1X0X015(?) 1887.
I really have no clue what it could be, my Mom thought maybe part of a doorknocker or a piece from some furniture. It appears to be made of brass and might have been gilded because it was still shiny when I dug it up. Any possibilities or outright guesses are welcome.
Regards,
- Ted
I found this in 2006 at a remote location near martha's vineyard. I found it at a 1700's homesite that had eroded into the ocean, only the corner of the house remained. Right at the center where I tried to polish it up, it says Pat. No 1X0X015(?) 1887.
I really have no clue what it could be, my Mom thought maybe part of a doorknocker or a piece from some furniture. It appears to be made of brass and might have been gilded because it was still shiny when I dug it up. Any possibilities or outright guesses are welcome.
Regards,
- Ted

Just kidding of course! I agree, it does appear to be a two headed eagle, could be a wind chime hanger, when the center loop broke they may have tossed it. But, the fact that it is curved suggests that it was mounted on something. If Prussian, then maybe a decoration that went around the boot just above the heel? Just my observations. Great hunting and good luck!!! Great find, whatever it may be!! Regards, Richard.






