What's new

19 shotgun shells, 2 unfired shells and 8 cartridge casings, but no coins! Come on!

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2013
Messages
4,205
Reaction score
8,023
Golden Thread
1
Location
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found an old hunting spot in the woods today. Dug up a total of 19 shotgun shell casings! Most of them seem to be from the 1930's. Also found 8 blank cartridge casings and 2 unfired shotgun shells. Where the heck are all the coins these guys must have dropped? Give me a break! LOL!

The unfired shells are pretty cool, though. I'm guessing they're from the 1970's, but not positive. One is a Western Super X and the other is a Federal Hi-Power shell. Any help as to the exact age of them would be appreciated.

DSC06521.webpDSC06520.webpDSC06515.webp
 
Upvote 12
I find in Georgia that rednecks never drop coins. Just bullets.
 
modern shotgun brass :censored: me off :BangHead: ---hit like a nickel or gold--#*@$ it!! . the older iron ones just hit with a growl :BangHead:
 
I find in Georgia that rednecks never drop coins. Just bullets.
lol,,one time I found a weave and a gold tooth next to a pile of chicken bone's..Guess which one:tongue3: I kept
 
That's cuz they spent 'em on bullets. LOL

And beer! This spot is full of flat top beer cans from the 1950's. Unfortunately, most are way too rusty to save. I did bring this one home, but I don't think a citric acid bath will do much for it...

DSC05792.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom