What's new

1918-a half dollar strike error!?

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2013
Messages
1,160
Reaction score
1,071
Golden Thread
0
Location
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My buddy found this 1918-s half (sorry about the title I can't change it) digging today. As you can see on the front of the coin the left rim is wayyy wider than the right side. Please help need some input looks to me like it was a offset strike on the planchet. If it is which it seems to be...can anyone identify the value...it was found by half dollar Hoyson!!

Thanks guy ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440171054.435149.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440171074.316330.webp
 
Upvote 12
Anyone?
 
Hi Nepa! It's a slightly offset strike. A nice coin to have but I doubt it has any additional value. Nice find as usual! :thumbsup:
 
Very nice coin. Excellent detail and very little wear. Wow.

I agree with Eric in NJ, probably not a lot of additional value added by the offset.
 
beautiful coin, and an excellent find but no added 'error' value
 
Nice coin no matter what
 
Beautiful coin, don't think it would be worth much more than a regular coin at that age. I have a lot of earlier coins that have slight offset strikes, no big deal.
 
Awesome find! 1918s Walker...sweet!
 
Nice find ! Agreed not a massive error , likely doesn't affect value .
 
Thanks guys yeah I wasn't too sure the pictures don't do much judgement until it's in ur hand but I agree. Thanks again
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom