What's new

1921 Peace dollar?

47thelement

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2009
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
161
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got this beauty today! Thanks to all who have helped me finally get my pics up!
 

Attachments

  • 100_3034.webp
    100_3034.webp
    82.6 KB · Views: 464
  • 100_3035.webp
    100_3035.webp
    75.7 KB · Views: 464
Upvote 0
Re: 1921 Peace dollar

Congrats on the Morgan! :wink: How did you find it?
 
Re: 1921 Peace dollar

I thought Peace dollars were in 21? Maybe I reading somthing wrong. either way just asked if they had any large dollar coins and the teller sais yeah just one. had to break a $5 for it.
 
Yes, they actually made both in 1921. That is a good find. :thumbsup: I have never found a "silver" dollar.
 
Nice Morgan. Decent shape. :tard:
 
Awesome job bud!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
WOW!!!
Finding a Morgan in the wild is hard, must mean their is not a lot of
competition in your area.
 
If you can find one then there must be more in your neck of the woods
Golden Silver
 
The 1921 Peace dollar starts at $100 retail in good condition to a high of $2350 in MS-65. Retail on a 1921 Morgan runs from $17 in good condition to MS-65 for $175-$420 or $1300 depending on whether you have a P, D or S. siegfried schlagrule
 
Finding a Morgan in the wild is hard, must mean their is not a lot of
competition in your area.
I actually know there is competion in my area. The bank where I bought my last box, my teller asked why I wanted it. I explained "I'm just a coin collector. With a little extra time on my hands" Her response was, "it's strange because we have never ordered these before and now we are ordering for you and 5 other people." Well that is now my dump bank.

The stranger thing is I have not found many large dumps.

I also went on a mini road trip last week and every bank I went to said no halves just sold them all on saturday.

I'm headed for the inner city on Monday looking for the old banks
 
thats just sick
I grab all the large dollars i can, but never found any silver ones
 
What part of maryland and Deleware are you in? If you don´t mind me asking. East, North. Are you near Dover at all? The reason I am asking is because I will be passing through and don´t want to hit your areas.

Golden Silver
 
Awesome find!
 
Re: 1921 Peace dollar

Piercesdad said:
I thought Peace dollars were in 21? Maybe I reading somthing wrong. either way just asked if they had any large dollar coins and the teller sais yeah just one. had to break a $5 for it.

Something. Says. 1921 Morgan Dollar
 
Wow,

That is awesome smart thinking good hunting!

Keep @ it and HH!!
 
1921 is the most common date for morgan dollars (44,690,000 were minted). VF starts at 19.00 now the 1921 peace dollar (1,006,473 were minted) a VF starts at 125.00. what you have posted a picture of is a 1921 Morgan Dollar
 
Some info on your Morgan Dollar

Circulation strikes: 44,690,000
Proofs: estimated 250
Silver - 90%
Copper - 10%
Mintmark: None for Philadelphia

DW
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom