1924 Standing Liberty Quarter

JD's Variety Channel

Dec 27, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Probe & Teknetics T2 Special
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey everyone! Hope you are out having fun. :)

Here's a pic of a beauty I found on 11/20

I plan to be much more active and post finds frequently!

I opened an account here on TreasureNet years ago, but got busy with life and didn't use it much.

To all who are interested in metal detecting videos, I run JD's Variety Channel on YouTube. This obviously has vied for a lot of my spare time when it comes to treasure hunting.

HH! 8-)

Attachments

• DSC_0836.JPG
    DSC_0836.JPG
    466 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC_0837.JPG
    DSC_0837.JPG
    397.5 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Upvote 25
Nice SLQ and I watch your utube vids frequently

When i read your name, i figured it was you or an imposter!! I am subbed as well, and always watch your flicks...

Great find! I will look you up on you tube.

Impostor? Let me at em'! lol. Thanks for commenting. Cool to see a few people here that know me from YouTube. Gosh. All the finds on the forum make me drool! I don't know if I can handle it. :o

That should clean up nice! Congrats! I'll look you up to, thanks!

Thanks for posting JD.
That SLQ is outstanding. It is very difficult to find any Standing Liberty Quarters with a full date. Especially a
pre-1925

The SLQ's my favorite coin. Congrats on a nice one.

Congrats on the sweet SLQ, it's always nice when you pull one with a readable date.

Last year of the raised date. Nice dug condition and date. Beautiful.

Been a subscriber to your Youtube Channel for over a year, keep the videos coming. Helps me pass time at work. Nice SLQ

Awesome slq JD, I've watched just about all your vids, helped w me learning my etrac too!

Now, that is a really awesome standing quarter.We have not seen many of the pre 1925 ones posted.

Thanks for posting JD.
That SLQ is outstanding. It is very difficult to find any Standing Liberty Quarters with a full date. Especially a
pre-1925

Yes, I was stoked to find a pre 1925 with a full, 4 digit date! Earlier this year I found a key date 1921. There was barely enough of the last digit to tell it was a "1". I was very fortunate. It's funny how the difference between a $5 coin and $200 coin can be so minimal! :)

Killer coin, I'll check you out on YouTube!

Nice SLQ!
I see more Spanish Reale's here than them posted.
I watch your channel as well from time to time. Always entertaining.

Congrats on the great find! IMHO, SLQ's are the nicest looking coin ever made, and since I collect them, I always look forward to seeing them posted. Yours is in really great shape!

-- Jeff --

Congrats on the great find! IMHO, SLQ's are the nicest looking coin ever made, and since I collect them, I always look forward to seeing them posted. Yours is in really great shape!

-- Jeff --

Thanks Jeff! I agree they are one of the best looking US coins out there. One of my favorites to find detecting too. The type 1 are even better. lol! :)

Echoing others' comments, that's a really lovely standing liberty quarter, JD. I don't think I have ever seen one that nice. That would have made my day, week and year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back