I ICETEK Jr. Member Joined Feb 3, 2016 Messages 98 Reaction score 23 Golden Thread 0 Location Los Angeles Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 13, 2023 Thread Owner #1
Kona Koma Bronze Member Joined Nov 13, 2017 Messages 1,001 Reaction score 1,968 Golden Thread 0 Location On the Beach Detector(s) used Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab Quattro Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 14, 2023 #2 ICETEK said: View attachment 2109755View attachment 2109756 Click to expand... Love those buffaloes!
l.cutler Silver Member Joined Dec 2, 2006 Messages 2,889 Reaction score 2,664 Golden Thread 0 Location NEPA Detector(s) used Tejon, Cibola, T2 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 14, 2023 #3 Unfortunately the three legged Buffalo is one of the coins targeted by the Chinese counterfeiters. On genuine examples there are very important diagnostics that must match. I'm not seeing them on this coin. https://forums.collectors.com/discu...een-die-markers-on-authentic-1937-d-3-leggers
Unfortunately the three legged Buffalo is one of the coins targeted by the Chinese counterfeiters. On genuine examples there are very important diagnostics that must match. I'm not seeing them on this coin. https://forums.collectors.com/discu...een-die-markers-on-authentic-1937-d-3-leggers
ARC Emerald Member Joined Aug 19, 2014 Messages 40,567 Reaction score 151,008 Golden Thread 0 Location Tarpon Springs Detector(s) used JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 14, 2023 #4 Agreed.. the coin is definitely suspect upon first glance... i see heavy cleaning.
G galenrog Bronze Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Feb 19, 2006 Messages 2,187 Reaction score 2,428 Golden Thread 0 Oct 14, 2023 #5 I agree with both I.cutler and ARC. Either altered of counterfeit. Simply does not look quite like any three leg Buffalo I have ever seen.
I agree with both I.cutler and ARC. Either altered of counterfeit. Simply does not look quite like any three leg Buffalo I have ever seen.
sphillips Bronze Member Joined Jan 4, 2008 Messages 1,059 Reaction score 1,127 Golden Thread 0 Location Western NC Detector(s) used Equinox 800 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 15, 2023 #6 ICETEK said: View attachment 2109755View attachment 2109756 Click to expand... Rarely see them not worn, great find
ICETEK said: View attachment 2109755View attachment 2109756 Click to expand... Rarely see them not worn, great find