What's new

1952 grand prize . Got a nice scratch .

gigispop7

Full Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
171
Reaction score
222
Golden Thread
0
Location
Oklahoma city,Ok
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett AT gold, Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1466863789.755278.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1466863804.544633.webp
 
Upvote 22
That's a cool medallion. Any idea of age, or brand of beer? I can't read the wording around the boarder. Did you find that in OKC?
 
says grand prize pale dry beer. 1952 . never found anything like it. yeah in okc.
 
Very cool grand prize medallion! :occasion14:
 
That's pretty cool,,
It says Gold Medal, , I think it might have been plated at one time.
Congrats
 
says grand prize pale dry beer. 1952 . never found anything like it. yeah in okc.

I think that actually is the name of the beer.

Grand-Prize-Beer--Coasters-3-to-4-Inches-Gulf-Brewing-Company_58894-1.webp
 
Last edited:
Did you scratch your Grand Prize medallion with your digger - anyway congrats on your find and thanks for sharing your front & back pictures with us - I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED
 
Cool medallion
 
I was curious where the scratch originate too, along with Texas Ed.
 
i hate to admit it i did it when was digging on the side of the hole . pissed me off doing it. sucks .
 
Wheres the beer
 
You aren't the first one to scratch a find. I would say it has happened to all of us. Nice find anyway.
 
thanks
 
You aren't the first one to scratch a find. I would say it has happened to all of us. Nice find anyway.


We all have done it dirt fishing I am sure. When I first started detecting and I was showing my finds to my brother he would grade them. AG About Gouged. SS Slightly Scratched. Wait till you rub the dirt off of a RARE silver coin. Then you will be sick. I did that with not one but TWO 1926S dimes in fantastic condition. I was given 100.00 each for them instead of 150.00 each.

Nice medallion.
 
That is a cool find. Interesting that it has French on the reverse. Thank you for sharing.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom