What's new

1959 Nigerian penny

cord

Jr. Member
Joined
May 11, 2012
Messages
37
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
I thought it was a rusty washer. Kinda cool!
 

Attachments

  • image-3861156794.webp
    image-3861156794.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 323
Nice find, where did you find it? I grew up in Nigeria, and have a few of those. :thumbsup:
 
old digger said:
Nice find, where did you find it? I grew up in Nigeria, and have a few of those. :thumbsup:

Found in A public park in Oak Creek Colorado.
 
old digger said:
Nice find, where did you find it? I grew up in Nigeria, and have a few of those. :thumbsup:

I found In a small mountain town of Oak Creek Colorado. Population 800.
I can only imagine the story it has to tell.
 
I found In a small mountain town of Oak Creek Colorado. Population 800.
I can only imagine the story it has to tell.

You posted twice.
 
That penny must have been lost from the cash shipment the Nigerian Minister of Agricultural Planning and Developemental Animal Husbandry Research was supposed to be sending to my bank.
 
That penny must have been lost from the cash shipment the Nigerian Minister of Agricultural Planning and Developemental Animal Husbandry Research was supposed to be sending to my bank.

Those are no longer used, as now there is a different currency in Nigeria.
 
I can't possible have value. Can it?
 
Valuable or not that's just a cool find.
 
Mzjavert said:
Valuable or not that's just a cool find.

Yep. It's going in a case of first year finds. A person could get addicted to this sport metal detecting. It's way fun!
 
Probably from a hundred years or so ago when they were importing coal miners to work the tunnels.
Just a guess.
 
OroJoeDude said:
Probably from a hundred years or so ago when they were importing coal miners to work the tunnels.
Just a guess.

That's a real possibility. I do think this did in fact come from a tourist. When item was found there was a modern dime in the same location.

I am very new at the treasure hunting with a detector and honestly have never ever seen "Cob" before.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom