What's new

1963 D Franklin Double Die Reverse Error?? Any info please

bnsfhobo

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Oklahoma City
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's M6
I pulled a 1963 Franklin out of a box of halves yesterday. Upon close examination there is clearly a double die error. It is most visable at the "D" mint mark and the "STATES" directly above it. I have been searching but can't find any reference to this error. I am going to try to figure a way to photograph it and I will post that when it comes out. If anyone has heard of this error or know any sites that discuss it, I would appreciate any information.

thanks
Hugh in OKC
 
Upvote 0
If it looks like this picture then I think Ryan is correct about shelf doubling.

65GT350
 

Attachments

  • 63D.webp
    63D.webp
    5.3 KB · Views: 564
Thanks for the link and it does look like the picture GT350 posted.

You guys rock!!

Hugh in OKC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom