1st Annual Treasure Coast Treasure Diver Seminar on Saturday November 23, 2019

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It is HERE!
November 23rd, 2019 will mark the 1st Annual Treasure Coast Treasure Divers Seminar at the Sebastian Community Center, 1805 N Central Ave, Sebastian, FL
It's going to be a great chance to learn from the best and network with people in the business.
I would LOVE to see a big group attend and learn.network and scheme, plot and plan.
Our lineup is not yet complete, but so far we have these fine folks and a possible visit from Taffi Fisher Abt:.
>>Terry Armstrong, Merritt Island FL historian, author, salvor, publisher and software developer will be doing a presentation on his new DigFindR program.:.
>> Ace Ridgely - salvor, jeweler, AquaPulse expert.
>> Jonah Martinez - Salvor, boat captain, Expert detectorist.
>>Steve McAdoo - Salvor, boat whiz, expert detectorist.
I (Bill Black) will sit still and answer some questions if someone can think of one I can answer. :)
Some facts:
Topics will include:
Shipwreck salvage archaeology,
Mapping and how to make better use of the data collected,
Boat selection, setup and operation
...and lots of information about how to effectively and efficiently make use of your time on the bottom with a metal detector.
Presentations will be <scheduled> for about 45 minutes each with a 10 to 15 minute Q and A session after each.
Admission is $50 at the door. Cash only....no credit card machine here.
We will begin at 0900. Morning session should be over around noon.
We'll scatter for lunch from 12-1.
There are several restaurants within a few blocks. (*See below)
The afternoon session will be from 1 to 4 PM.
Doors lock up at 430 PM.
Tables and chairs will be set up, but if you have some special chair that will be more comfortable to sit in for several hours, we will try to make sure you are accommodated.
You may take notes or make audio recordings for personal use.
Other than official videographers, no video recordings over 5 minutes will be allowed.
There will be a video of the event available within the next few months if there is sufficient interest.
We may also do a series of short Facebook Live throughout the day for those who cannot attend to see what they are missing
1f642.png

I

:)
(* Captain Butcher's, Squid Lips, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Captain Hirams, Las Palmas Cuban restaurant, Ay Jalisco - Mexican, Crab Stop, Crabby Bill's )

PLEASE ATTEND IF YOU CAN!!!

72208725_141209973955030_6475530962502418432_o.jpg

OP
OP
ropesfish

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I sure hope that some of ya'll are planning on joining us on the 23rd of November at the Treasure Coast Treasure Divers Seminar.
I was asked the other day if someone that has a lot of desire, but little experience should attend.
Of course I said yes.
Here is the way I justify the cost of education and why I am putting on this seminar and planning the 2 or 3 day Symposium for Spring 2020.

On a good day, with a 4 man crew and single engine diesel dig boat, your minimum costs will be $100-$200 for ice, food, drinks, fuel, docking and air fills.
You'll have $20k to $50K in the boat, $10- 20K in equipment and if you have everything absolutely ready to go...and I mean NASA or NASCAR kind of prepared, you will get 75-90 days a year that you can work on the wreck sites in shallow water. OH...and did I mention that it takes 4-6 months of the "off" season to get ready, stay ready, do research, build, rebuild or research gear?'
Figure out the costs per day and then think about learning something that saves you a day or finds you 2 extra artifacts.
Survey work? That just takes a boat with 2 to 4 aboard, 30 to 120 thousand dollars in survey gear and about 600 per day.
Remember that all of this is expenses only...not one crew members have been paid in these calculations.
The Seminar costs $50 (roughly equivalent to our sandwich and snack bill on Carib for a day) to get in and get to listen to some of the best people in the business and after their presentations and at the end of the day, we'll have question and answer sessions.
The Symposium will be a longer and a little more expensive, but we will have presenters from all over this hemisphere speaking about things important to research, discovery and the continuation of the industry.
I hope you can join us for both events, I believe they will be of benefit to us all.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ropesfish

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
due to a complete lack of interest....I won't be troubling this forum with my events again.
You can follow us on Facebook or YouTube or not.
All the best.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Great seminar, Capt. Bill. I learned something from every presentation.

Please continue to post upcoming events here, because I don't use social media.

Looking forward to the symposium in Melbourne.

Mike

Denniss

Jan 7, 2011
Fort Pierce, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Fisher Impulse, Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I enjoyed the seminar. I was impressed by the mapping and charting software that is out there

I'm not on facebook and got the info for the seminar through Tnet.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just saw this... heh... too bad I might have made a day trip.

Ropes hope it went well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions