deepsecrets

Jan 10, 2009
Shenandoah Valley Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got home from weekend at Virginia Beach - 9 hours on the road, seems like all I saw on I-95 were brake lights - jeeze - it's only 200 miles from home!!
Anyway, got up early on Sat morning to watch the sun rise and run my 6000 DI for a little while. Since it's not a surf machine I stayed on the dry sand between lifeguard towers in front of the hotel on 8th Ave. I only stayed 90 mins or so but managed to round up $2.50 in change and a pretty little opal necklace. The first thing I found was an Apple iPhone! It looked like the beach tractor had run over it but it still worked although the battery was going fast. My son was able to find the owners Twitter id and we managed to get a msg to her to come and collect her iPhone. I'll post a photo of the "loot" a little later. All in all, had a great time there and I think I even saw Max on the beach too!

Here are the photos - most of the clads were just under 2 inches down. I didn't show the caps and tabs - those Corona caps do sing! I had my detector in the shop for a tune-up before heading down to the beach. Bob at Centreville Electronics in Manassas recommended that I get a new coil and the one I have is over 10 yrs old and failing. Guess I'll have to invest in a new one.

Attachments

• va beach2.JPG
    va beach2.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 236
  • va beach 1.JPG
    va beach 1.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 236
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread