What's new

2+2 in the woods= yes!

crabstang44

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2016
Messages
885
Reaction score
5,002
Golden Thread
2
Location
eastern nc
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Makro racer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1864 and 1865 2 cent coins. Not in the same hole though, nice tombac with design and anybody know what the other item is? It was a foot deep
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    44 KB · Views: 154
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    52.5 KB · Views: 163
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    37.1 KB · Views: 143
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    431.9 KB · Views: 176
Upvote 21
Nice finds congrats. I really like those two centers
 
Congrats on the digging the two 2 cent coins. :occasion14: I remember how happy I was when I dug my 1st.
 
I still have not dug a two cent coin, congrats on digging two! The other targets look interesting and beautiful also.
 
any ideas on what that piece is? its very thin, piece of powder flask?
 
Once again you are all over it.

Congrats on the 2X2!
 
The thin piece - maybe a flattened screw off top to a liquor bottle?
 
Why is everyone getting so excited over 4 cents?!? JK, that is awesome! Congratz!
 
Very cool finds!
Just my 2 cents.
 
The thin piece - maybe a flattened screw off top to a liquor bottle?

thats a very good possibiliy, my dad said the same thing, has to be old right? was a foot deep, near the 2 centers
 
Depends on what you consider old....corks were probably more common back then......depth isnt 100% accurate dating an object, i found an 1860 something indian head 1/4 inch down and have found Pepsi cans more than a foot down.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom