2.5 GHz Quad or Duo Core Processor in our metal detector, would that help?

OP
OP
G

gedfire

Greenie
Sep 22, 2008
Hey mts,

Understand that realtime imaging and analysis software require some serious computing power for them to run properly.Take 3D studio max and lightwave.These are software used in the movie industry for various visual effects and motion graphics.In order to maximise the potential of these software, you have to have processors of a certain speed.Almost every year the minimum requirements to run these software goes up due to new developments.

Now with a detector that has to deal with reflected wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation which needs to be analysed to filter out desired from undesired info, then assembling an image by predefined parameters, that I think would require much more processing power than what the average metal detector has.

In fact your detector at the moment uses the basic principles I have just outlined EXCEPT it does it with sound.Detectors with discrimination does give a certain sound for.... well you know the rest.White's Vision seem to be closer to the concept ( for average detectors)I am trying provoke more thought on.

As a scientist, I do not deal with wishful thinking.Anything that I say can be backed up by present day research.Its just that I do not have the time to present everything.For example a lot of work is been done with Infra Red imaging (Yes they have been used to locate treasure!), but that is for another time or forum.

How we approach a problem will depend on the extent of what we KNOW about it.You might just be unaware of existing research or has not taken the time to fully understand the principles of certain things.Again, Galileo having done extensive research concluded that the earth was not the centre of the universe...... of course, the church folks with their ignorance thought it was best to barbecue him for committing heresy.....

Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread