What's new

2 boxes each Dimes, Nickels, Pennies

keverett

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2009
Messages
513
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
Searched 2 boxes of dimes, nickels, and pennies last night. Waiting for my halves order to come in, so I figured why not. Totals were as follows:

Dime Box 1: Skunk
Dime Box 2: 5 Roosies (1960, 1962, 3x 1964)
Nickel Box 1: 1 dateless Buffalo, 1 plated 45s war nickel
Nickel Box 2: 4 war nickels
Penny Box 1: 19 wheats (oldest being a 1937)
Penny Box 2: 10 wheats (oldest being a 1941)

I also managed to get about a roll of 2009 D dimes, 1/2 roll of 2009 D nickels, and a roll of 2010 D nickels.

Not bad for a Friday night spur of the moment hunt.

Thanks for reading.
 
Upvote 0
Hey, nice job on the nicks and dimes! Seems like dimes are pickin' up around here again, I might have to get me a few more boxes...
 
never thought i would say it but looks like the dime boxes are out performing the half boxes. nice finds :icon_thumright:
 
How long does it take for you to look through penny boxes and nickel boxes? For me, I get dimes in clear rolls so it's easy but pennies take forever without a ryesdale especially when I take out copper. I haven't tried nickels but are nickels worth it?
 
SFBayArea said:
How long does it take for you to look through penny boxes and nickel boxes? For me, I get dimes in clear rolls so it's easy but pennies take forever without a ryesdale especially when I take out copper. I haven't tried nickels but are nickels worth it?

Maybe half hour per box. I don't search for error pennies, and I don't keep the copper, just looking for wheats and indians. I get the dimes in the clear wrappers as well, and I would have missed 2 of the silvers if I didn't open each roll and look again. There were 2 that were really thin. The nickels can be fun when its slow on the other denominations. The war nickels can add up, but average about one per box, so its not too much.
 
Yeah, dimes are easy.. I didn't know why people do dimes that aren't in clear wraps.. wished halves were in clear wraps. I only do pennies when there's nothing else and because you will at least find a wheat although I haven't gotten any pre 40's in a while. It's encouraging to see the reports of the nickels but I haven't had the motivations yet. Half an hour is really fast. :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom