2 hunts. Nice merc, silver, and others

Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Center of North America
Detector(s) used
Etrac- Sunray x5, x8, x12. Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wanted to share my finds from a couple recent hunts. These 1st pics are from this last thursday. I got out later in the evening and wanted to do some door knocking but after a few no answers and a no it was getting a little late and didn't feel like knocking anymore so hit up some curb areas instead. Least to say, that night ended great with 3 silver. I probably found the nicest merc I might ever find, and also found a barber quarter. I was not expecting a silver quarter to be in the plug at all so it was a great surprise seeing a Barber quarter come out. I also found a printing plate that night that says "Childrens Hair Cutting", and has a cartoon image of a kid.
Fine detail merc.jpg Fine detail merc(back).jpg
Childrens hair cutting print plate.jpg Delco remy.jpg
Then these next finds are from Sunday. I went next door to my last door knock permission and got permission there. I love nice people :) I found a couple IHP there and a Barber dime. Dime was in the same hole as a nail and thought I got tricked but luckily not! It's so nice when you can leave a hunt with at least one silver. Then there is the wheaties, all in one pic from both hunts, top row(4) are from this hunt.
20170829_010411.jpg 20170829_010203.jpg
20170829_003222.jpg 20170829_003455.jpg

Upvote 9

RR1991

Aug 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds! Wish I was as lucky as you... What kind of detector are you using (sorry I'm new to this forum and not sure how if there's a way to check your stuff out)?

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sweet silver! pretty awesome to get rosies, mercs and barber dimes with a barber quarter on top but then you also got 2 IHs and a pile of wheaties. the printing plate is really cool too

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool printing plate, and congrats on silver!

OP
OP
Silver Saver

Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Center of North America
Detector(s) used
Etrac- Sunray x5, x8, x12. Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds! Wish I was as lucky as you... What kind of detector are you using (sorry I'm new to this forum and not sure how if there's a way to check your stuff out)?
I use a Minelab Etrac, great machine for coinshooting because of the info(tones, numbers) it gives on targets in the ground, especially coins. People usually list their machines in their user handle on the left side of the post. Just takes putting the time in and good locations and the finds will come. But thanks RR1991, welcome to the forum!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread