2 silver coins and other goodies!

Bodkin

Oct 9, 2017
Bold Coast & Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Blue Excal 1000, Enox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are the important finds (at least to me) from two recent hunts. The two silver coins, brass shotgun casing and Listerine bottle from one and iron stand, glass insulator, larger bottles and lipstick tube from the other. 020.jpg
001.jpg016.jpg1816 George III shilling
005.jpg019.jpg1907 Canadian dime. Not in the best shape but still silver.
022.jpg12 gauge Winchester. Got to say, I never saw a solid brass shell before. I have seen the paper ones but never knew these even existed. Really cool!
021.jpgAnother cool one for me. A cork top Listerine bottle with the cork inside. I recently found two screw tops of the same size and wondered if they made them in cork top. Yup! The other two have chips. I'll take them back into the woods for someone else to find.
023.jpgWhen I found this I thought I had a whole rimfire round. It wasn't till I got home and cleaned it up that it turned out to be Revlon lipstick tube. How and why it was where I found it is anybody's guess.
Equinox 800, park 2 setting, 6" coil. Thanks for looking.

Upvote 13
Those hauls are still used today with a paper wad. Nice find.

Nice haul.!! I found a lipstick tube last week and thought it was a AA battery until I cleaned it up

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 45
Congrats on the nice finds! :occasion14:

Just showed the George III coin to my buddy at work. He's reeeally into coin collecting and was taken by the "chop mark" near Georges forehead (IP). Does anyone out there know how to track these marks back to see who struck them? I knew nothing about these till my friend told about them (I don't know what I don't know). Thanks.

Excellent finds. I really like the Iron Stand. I have found 6 Irons, but never found a stand. That is a nice looking relic. Like the silvers also.

Awesome shilling with the bullhead! I would love to find one of those!!!

Awesome shilling with the bullhead! I would love to find one of those!!!
Didn't know what "bullhead" was. Wikipedia is my friend today! Thanks for giving me the push to look it up. As for the bullhead shilling, I found it after a long day of detecting in a brook that I had found a few things a while back. That brook empties into a big river which I decided to check while walking back to my truck. That river was pretty swift because of the recent rain so I only had a strip of about 30 yards to work. I found both silvers within 5 yards of each other and

Didn't know what "bullhead" was. Wikipedia is my friend today! Thanks for giving me the push to look it up. As for the bullhead shilling, I found it after a long day of detecting in a brook that I had found a few things a while back. That brook empties into a big river which I decided to check while walking back to my truck. That river was pretty swift because of the recent rain so I only had a strip of about 30 yards to work. I found both silvers within 5 yards of each other and
Well that's funny, the site just posted the above without me finishing, LOL. Anyway, I was saying, within the first few swings of the coil in this calmer area I hit both silvers. Can't wait for the water to go down some to really get into it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back