$200,000 Gold Coin Cache Found Marengo County

goldenrecoveries

Oct 6, 2014
I Forgot
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I've read posts of people saying buried treasure doesn't exist. I'm with them, buried treasure stories are just fairy tales.
Hey wait just a dog gone minute ................. what's this?

There were later reports that the amount found was $20,000 not $200,000. But at today's collector gold coin prices $20,000 "back then" would probably be worth AT LEAST $7 Million and probably much, much more. Of course if it was $200,000 that would put it at least $70 mil today.

a Whitfield.jpg

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are plenty of treasure caches still waiting to be found. The problem is the laws or government making it hard on the finders. So that a lot go unannounced because of losing it all.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

goldenrecoveries

Oct 6, 2014
I Forgot
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
There are plenty of treasure caches still waiting to be found. The problem is the laws or government making it hard on the finders. So that a lot go unannounced because of losing it all.

That's so true. And the government seems to own any land where there is a big treasure legend concerned! Seems like many are now located with a state park - national forest - etc. Funny how that works!

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's so true. And the government seems to own any land where there is a big treasure legend concerned! Seems like many are now located with a state park - national forest - etc. Funny how that works!
That is so true , if not a park, then a base or some other place that you wouldn't be able to enter. One time I went to a park in Palm Springs California. Before I even got into the park I could see the signs and symbols on the stones. But most of the employees don't even know about it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread