What's new

2009 Nickels

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,742
Reaction score
12,706
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have set a goal for myself to find, either by detecting or in pocket change, as many different U.S. coins as I can.
But, I have been stumped by the 2009 Nickel! I have yet to get one in change and have never found one detecting. Where are all of them?
 
The 2009 Nickel had a production of over 39,000,000 each for the Philadelphia and Denver Mints. Quite low by today's production rate but still just a common, modern clad issue.

Folks till have them hoarded but I just don't get it. I can see if one wants to be an opportunist when they are first released by the Mint and resell for whatever price they can get. For me though, at this point its just another piece of change.
 
I have received several of them in change so I don't have a clue what the problem is in your area. Monty
 
How much do you want to pay for one. I haven't really checked my change latly for I will look for you....Matt
 
mlayers said:
How much do you want to pay for one. I haven't really checked my change latly for I will look for you....Matt
i'll give you a penny each! :laughing7: I have set a goal to find as many different denominations and dates as possible either in pocket change or by metal detecting. Being on the East coast makes the D mint harder to come by. Maybe I'll get some tomorrow at the Car show and swap meet.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom