What's new

2009 pennies

bourassa5

Full Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2008
Messages
169
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
i got one box from my bank and posted it on ebay, one day later it sold for 200$ plus 15.00$ for shipping. Not bad for just going to my bank picking it up and selling it on ebay! i still cannot understand though why people would ever want to buy these boxes for such outragous prices, but hey im not complaining!
 
Upvote 0
Your at right place there at the right time! Get all you can and move them as fast as you can - they may soon make it around the country...then again maybe not! We haven't seen one up this way. Try ordering 24 boxes, your source may have a pallet sitting there just waiting for you to make some serious cash from a cash cow for a few hours work

Maine_Jim
 
Congrats on your find and sale! I've been trying to get some boxes but no luck. But I must say this 2009 Penny box movement is classic. Seriously, who would pay $200+ for $9.97 (melt value) worth of pennies??
 
Codes said:
Congrats on your find and sale! I've been trying to get some boxes but no luck. But I must say this 2009 Penny box movement is classic. Seriously, who would pay $200+ for $9.97 (melt value) worth of pennies??

It has nothing to do with melt value, its all about supply and demand. You are going to see low mintages in all coins this year, Especially the pennies. You have to remember due to the bad economy less money is produced and then low mintage is diveded by four series which makes REALLY low mintage per series. These coins are going to be considered KEY date coins in the future. Also the mint is already done making the Peurto Rico quarter and released the mintage as being the lowest in 40+ years making that a KEY date coin.
Sell all you can now for a quick profit and then hoard all you can for great return on your investment in the future.

Happy Hunting,
Jason
 
I wish I could get my hands on some pennies. I'v been able to get both the DC and Puerto Rico quarters. Sold about $900 face for $1450..... ;D ...Once again thanks Shake-N-Bake
 
nyiangelo said:
I wish I could get my hands on some pennies. I'v been able to get both the DC and Puerto Rico quarters. Sold about $900 face for $1450..... ;D ...Once again thanks Shake-N-Bake

You are very welcome. I am glad I gave some good information that you were able to use to make a profit. Keep up the good work.

Now with that profit you can buy the 2 boxes of 2009 pennies I have on my office floor ;D

Thanks,
Jason
 
congrats on those pennnies I asked every bank that I came to alot of them 4 hours away lol, grab the $$$$ while u can , Ed
 
Scalper said:
congrats on those pennnies I asked every bank that I came to alot of them 4 hours away lol, grab the $$$$ while u can , Ed

Gotta be tough to get US pennies in Brazil. LOL!!!! :tongue3:

Jason
 
Shake-N-Bake said:
Codes said:
Congrats on your find and sale! I've been trying to get some boxes but no luck. But I must say this 2009 Penny box movement is classic. Seriously, who would pay $200+ for $9.97 (melt value) worth of pennies??

It has nothing to do with melt value, its all about supply and demand.

I understand its not about the melt value, but in the end that's all they really are. Just Zincolns that that will most likely corrode in a few years anyway, especially if they aren't stored properly.

-Codes
 
Banks around here(in ohio) said they arent ordering any. Im going to wait and see what happens, Im not paying a premium for a penny!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom