What's new

2x2009 Nickels!

goldencoin

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
5,669
Reaction score
452
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But not what I was hoping for...however, I did get a 39S, 42 canadian, and a 1967 canadian commemorative.

HH
-GC
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5073.webp
    IMG_5073.webp
    40.5 KB · Views: 304
Upvote 0
Very funny. I liked that. :D
 
Funny, I found my first 2009 canadian nickel before I found my first 2009 Jefferson.
 
steel core --nickel plated -"monsters" -all canadain money under $1 in value minted since 2000 is steel cored* the cent is copper coated and the others are nickel coated ---since 2003 canadain govt has been "reclaiming" all the valuible metals used in their coinage ( like copper , nickel and old silver containing coins that gets turned in to the banks )--by law the banks are forced to sort out and turn in these coins to the canadian treasury -- in exchange for "new" junk replacement coinage.) --canada's govt reported that they made * 8 million dollars via their alloy metals "recovery" program last year * under the "recovery" program ALL PRE 2000 CANADAIN COINS ARE TO BE "REMOVED" FROM CURCULATION ( note to coin collectors* candain coins pre 2000 will become scarce driving prices up) -- their public is stuck with using this worthless steel ( govt steal) money (it has no valuible metal backing in it)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom