Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got off early on Friday and was able to go to a spot I'd detected before. Found a few keepers, 1 Zincoln, a musket ball, about .50 caliber down a whopping 10 inches. The digger doesn't go that deep, and I was using the pinpointer to try to find it and the whiteness of the ball was at the bottom, and I could spot it. Then I dug a couple horseshoes and finally had a squeaker of a signal and dug a tiny watch winder. I have only found two of these. Also found this here car. View attachment IMG_0688.JPG

Saturday I helped my friends find their property markers. It wasn't especially easy and was quite tiring. We found four of the five. He is getting a laser to measure to the last one. It's under a two foot thick brush pile. As we are looking, the new neighbor comes over and we introduce ourselves (no we are not detecting on her property, much), we were off by about 10'. She knew where the marker was and I found it quickly. Thank you God. Those briers were getting annoying, trying to snake the loop through them. After a long conversation I got her permission to dig her farm. There was also confirmed Civil War activity there. Got modern bullets, some clad near the house, aluminum cans, four property stakes!, an Eagle I button, a NY button, with a push, a "snake", could be Civil War, but these were made much later also, probably CW, but there is a lot of WWI area items on the property. One minie not shown. All in all, exhausting, but a good day. And a new permission to boot. Please chime in on the snake, think it's CW? Only the second one I've ever found. I think I pretty much wrecked the patina trying to clean it some. And people who live in expensive houses shouldn't throw out gold. Nice ladies 14k ring with I assume sapphires in it. Probably about a size 7. View attachment IMG_0687.jpg

Sunday I met another Tnetter on his site. We hunted in the rain. Yup, the rain. It has been hunted a lot but I did recover a really cool piece of square copper wire, don't know the use, two silvered colonial buttons, a broken colonial cufflink, the 2nd one (I think) I've ever dug, 1881 Indian Cent, two inner pieces of a pocket watch and the folded over thing is the back of the watch. I'll try to straighten it. Carefully. My favorite find was a small 18th century buckle and then I found a later brass buckle. Probably for a horse. One of the last signals of the day is the dampened coin as shown. I think it's a Liberty Cap US Half Cent! That would be a first for me. At first I thought it was a farthing but it is not. I am not touching it, I'm calling PCGS when they open and see if they can conserve it. I think there is enough crud left on it, there will be something underneath if done right.

It was a great, but hard three days. View attachment IMG_0683.JPG View attachment IMG_0682.jpg View attachment IMG_0681.jpg View attachment IMG_0684.jpg View attachment IMG_0689.jpg View attachment IMG_0685.jpg View attachment IMG_0686.jpg

Upvote 26
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Smokey all I can say is you truly amaze me. I love the snake buckle, the ring, hell I love everything you got. Great hunt my friend

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put the hours in. Because I don't live in Virginia, I've actually had people walk over, make sure I wasn't doing something weird then invite me to dig at their place. For real. Around my neck of the woods seeing someone detect, in places, is still a novelty. In Virginia, you might get a gun pulled on you some places. Some hobbyists have done us wrong. And in some places people get asked so much they are sick and tired of being asked.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I put the hours in. Because I don't live in Virginia, I've actually had people walk over, make sure I wasn't doing something weird then invite me to dig at their place. For real. Around my neck of the woods seeing someone detect, in places, is still a novelty. In Virginia, you might get a gun pulled on you some places. Some hobbyists have done us wrong. And in some places people get asked so much they are sick and tired of being asked.

Can I come over??? Lol

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II