What's new

3 Ringer? You tell me.

Chico Rico

Full Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2007
Messages
244
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Kind of out of place where I found it by a major highway.
I was guessing a .50 cal muzzle loader slug, but my associate thinks otherwise.
So I submit for the jury, my photos of said bullet for expert opinions or guesses.

Happy Spring and watch out for them damn coppers and rattlers.
 

Attachments

  • bullet1.webp
    bullet1.webp
    1.9 KB · Views: 240
  • bullet2.webp
    bullet2.webp
    1.6 KB · Views: 239
Upvote 0
Hard to tell without holding it but I would guess it's a 357 wadcutter. Thats what it reminds me of...d2
 
Here's a picture on my scale, 24.4grams. Maybe that helps. Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • bullet3.webp
    bullet3.webp
    6.4 KB · Views: 216
Chico,
Unfortunately, it looks like it has a solid base. If so, I think our friend from Arkansas is right.
Nice patina, though so it has some age to it.
Have a great spring!
Steve
 
I was curious about that solid base but the white patina through a curve ball at me.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom