What's new

30 minutes yields pocket watch

KyDigNQueen

Sr. Member
Joined
May 30, 2016
Messages
353
Reaction score
884
Golden Thread
0
Location
KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found a Westclox Scotty pocket watch at a 1940s home site today. I took the back off and it has the year made stamped on the back of it as being 1952. This correlates with my research. It is in poor condition but was still a neat find for me. Its the first pocket watch I've found. Thanks for looking and HH! 20161007_192829.webp
 
Upvote 46
Congratulations on your first pocket watch. Research pays off once again.
 
Congrats on a nice find!
 
Too bad it wasn't a Timex. It would have taken a licken and kept on ticken. Actually all the ones I have found have been dead so that slogan isn't true.

Nice old watch. Hope you can scare up some more old items.
 
great_find.gif
Scratch one off your bucket list! Thanks for sharing...
 
Very cool! We want to find one! Congrats. -Lisa & John
 
Thanks, Lisa & John. I hope you dig one up soon. It sure did give me a screaming signal on the AT Pro.
 
Congrats on your first pocket watch KDQ. I know with my detectors, those things ring up like there is a car buried in the ground !
 
BEAUTIFUL ...
 
Awesome watch recovery! :occasion14:
 
Thanks Sutphin, Professor!
 
Congrats on your first pocket watch KDQ. I know with my detectors, those things ring up like there is a car buried in the ground !

Thanks! Haha you are right about the signal. It was so loud I actually had to turn down my headset when I found it :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom