6 hours ago, Ortley Beach, North Wildwood, Stone Harbor Etc.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
000aaa.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 5

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would they close the beach because of less sand? :icon_scratch:

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Probably a liability issue as the steps don't go all the way down to the beach.
Some DB with a taste for teet slurpin' sues and that's the bad apple in the bunch that ruins it for the rest of us.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that's true, it would be a pretty lame reason. If someone is going to sue for their own ineptness, or, scamming for money, having a nice smooth sandy slope isn't going to stop them. They could sue for any goofy reason......tripping on some steps.....cutting their foot on a shell...... bad sunburn.....etc. We have rocky cliffs out here in places and some people have died trying to climb them or jump off of them. We don't close the beaches because a few idiots want to risk their lives.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea the other Week I saw on a Live cam the Atlantic City Police were stationed on the boardwalk with their car and lights flashing the entire day. by the Steel Pier. at Pennsylvania Avenue.
I had no view of he beach so I Don't know if it was to
prevent lookie-Loos from Interfering with the reconstruction of the sand, or if they had the Entire Beach off limits

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread