What's new

7 inch headless nail? spike!

Underwonder

Bronze Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2017
Messages
1,733
Reaction score
3,310
Golden Thread
0
Location
RI
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Manticore
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1563674497.483877.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1563674511.680334.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1563674523.214089.webp

I wonder if this is just a long nail without a head (about 7 inches long) or something else? It has four sides and is tapered....perhaps a tool...not really sure. Any ideas are welcome.

Found a lot of nails and nondescript iron.

I am kind if curious about the brass? handle as well...also square shaped inside.

Found an interesting religious medal..
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1563674679.634562.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1563674689.402350.webp

Thanks.
Kim
 
Last edited:
it looks like 1/2 square stock that has been tapered. this is and was a general stock material for blacksmiths .
I think it was a project started and not completed or someone practicing the taper method.

the handle goes on a outdoor spigot or boiler drain ,they still make that style
images
 
Upvote 0
I'm saying it's a cribbing spike with the head cut off.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom