What's new

8/28/07 casino keepers

Immy

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2005
Messages
2,999
Reaction score
874
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like August is in the books unless I get an unexpected urge in the next three days. Results from today's casino excursions -


**$650/Halves**

1964-D, 1966, 1967. Anytime a 90%er is in the bunch it's a bonus!

**$40/Nickels**

Keeper: 1948-S

Other pre-1960: 1941-S (2, both small S), 1947, 1951-S, 1953-D, 1954-D, 1958-D, 1959-D

**$10/Pennies**

Wheatie: 1952-D

Canadian: 1966, 1973, 1998, 2006
 
Upvote 0
Still got 3 days get that silver. Congrats on the 90, I noticed you mostly post 40's. I'm committed for the next 3 days- boxes already ordered, 2 boxes tomorrow, 2 Thur, and 4 Friday- I can't just let them sit there haha. HH Mark
 
Looks like a pretty decent day Immy. Nice job.

Are those casino halves wore down on the rims?
 
lejeuene said:
Looks like a pretty decent day Immy. Nice job.

Are those casino halves wore down on the rims?

I was surprised that when I was in Vegas that they weren't worn down more.
 
GMan's right, some are, some aren't. I suspect there's a lot of half dollar rotation between the banks and the casinos. Whenever a tech comes over to work on a clogged machine he inspects handfuls of halves by looking at their edges. Anything with dings or gouges can cause the mechanism to jam up. I'm sure they prefer new halves to older, beat-up ones.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom