What's new

9/8/07 - Quick casino stop

Immy

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2005
Messages
2,999
Reaction score
874
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just did halves & pennies a bit. $300 in halves got me a 67, 68-D & 69-D. The maddening part was a woman on the other side was cashing out a machine that sounded like every other coin was silver! Arrgh! Then she sat there with a full tray of coins playing credits forever. I was hoping she'd leave so I could cash out a couple of hundred but she never moved. >:( I think I'll go back tomorrow and check again.

$10 in pennies netted me two wheaties (1944, 1957-D) and two Canadians (1972, 2005)
 
Upvote 0
Immy said:
The maddening part was a woman on the other side was cashing out a machine that sounded like every other coin was silver!

I'd have to hang around until she left.
 
That had to be painful Immy!! Keep us posted.
 
Went back today only to find...some other dude playing the same machine! Seven machines empty and this guy has to choose this one. So I try to kill some time by playing for awhile and hit a $200 jackpot, woo hoo!

I mosey on over to "the machine" and I see it's vacant. Yes! Then, no kidding, just as I'm ten feet from it some other guy sits down. Grrr! I take this as a sign to search the others. $800 later and I've found two 67's and a 68-D. Not bad but I really had visions of cupfuls of silver. The good thing is, if it was loaded with silver, chances are they're still in the casino. Patience grasshopper...

Also brought home $10 in pennies and got skunked on wheats but found three Canadians, 1963, 1982, 1991. Might try again tomorrow...
 
Third time's a charm. Got to the machine today, cashed out $100...no silver. Rats! Still, I went thru $600 total between all the machines and got a 66, 67x3, 68-D, 1974-S proof and a Turkey 1 lira (2005), my 20th country found hunting slots and rolls. A turkey's better than a skunk any day!

$10 in pennies skunked me again! No wheaties, no Canadians, what gives?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom