9" x 8" Concentric Coil

Hodr

Jun 18, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Eclipse 5.3 Coil
9" x 8" Concentric Coil

I have a Bandito uMax which comes with the 8" brown concentric coil. Seems to have decent discrimination, but doesn't do too well for depth (maybe 8 inches for a quarter in an air test, 5-6 with most other clad).

Will I see improved depth with a 9"x8"? I have an opportunity to pick one up with scuff cover for half the normal price, and I think that the weight reduction alone is worth a little money, but I would really like to hit some of those deeper targets (course I know I won't keep up with my friends who all have minelabs with coils larger than a car tire).

Thanks.

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
Re: 9" x 8" Concentric Coil

Hodr said:
I have a Bandito uMax which comes with the 8" brown concentric coil. Seems to have decent discrimination, but doesn't do too well for depth (maybe 8 inches for a quarter in an air test, 5-6 with most other clad).

Will I see improved depth with a 9"x8"? I have an opportunity to pick one up with scuff cover for half the normal price, and I think that the weight reduction alone is worth a little money, but I would really like to hit some of those deeper targets (course I know I won't keep up with my friends who all have minelabs with coils larger than a car tire).

Thanks.

You really didn't give any clues as to what you want to use the B for in the real world. If you are using the B for coin shooting you may get up to 2" more in depth, relic hunting you may get 4" more depth on larger objects. You will get more bridging or multiple targets with the 9x8. The 1/2 normal price is the kicker. Probably worth it to pick it up. Probably best to use your $ to upgrade to a better detector. Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread