9th Infantry Regiment... Manchus

buckshot

Mar 31, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Hey all, Mding the yard yesterday and dug this 9th Infantry Regiment badge/pin. I think it is a hat/cap/uniform badge maybe from the 20s-30s? It's 1"x1" screwback,Number 9,Dragon motif,with the motto"Keep Up The Fire". I read where the motto and Dragon design has it's origins from U.S. Military involvement in China during the "Boxer Rebellion" around 1889-1900. If anyone has any more info on this particular badge it would be appreciated as i have not found an exact image of this badge.I did view an image of a beltbuckle design that was very close to this badge.

Thanks for looking... buckshot

Attachments

• 9th infantry reg 009.JPG
    9th infantry reg 009.JPG
    292.4 KB · Views: 353
  • 9th infantry reg 007.JPG
    9th infantry reg 007.JPG
    315.7 KB · Views: 296

utbusta

Apr 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, Mding the yard yesterday and dug this 9th Infantry Regiment badge/pin. I think it is a hat/cap/uniform badge maybe from the 20s-30s? It's 1"x1" screwback,Number 9,Dragon motif,with the motto"Keep Up The Fire". I read where the motto and Dragon design has it's origins from U.S. Military involvement in China during the "Boxer Rebellion" around 1889-1900. If anyone has any more info on this particular badge it would be appreciated as i have not found an exact image of this badge.I did view an image of a beltbuckle design that was very close to this badge.

Thanks for looking... buckshot

Have you found out more info on this item? I just found this post so if you are still monitoring it, the DUI (Distinctive Unit Insignia) if from a unit I was in from 1988 - 1994. 9th Infantry Regiment (MANCHU), more info can be found at our sites: manchu.org or 7thinfantry.com as well as a ton of stuff on facebook or you can find my stuff simply by searching utbusta via google as I have stuff at pinterest, photobucket, webshots and many other sites.

John
facebook.com/utbusta

OP
OP
buckshot

buckshot

Mar 31, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Hey John, Thanks for heads up! Appreciate the info. I think it is an early example of the design/motif 1920s, as later examples that i have seen become alot more refined and detailed. I would like to try and put a name with the DUI/ badge, but that will take more searching... Thanks again.
buckshot

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions