What's new

A couple Florida Beach Finds for ID - whale ear bone?

IndianRiverSonrise

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
270
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Various
I don't have the slightest idea on these two. I think the big one, four inches long, might be a whale inner ear bone. But it might just be a rock for all I know.

And the little one, I am wondering fossized wood, or possibly enamel.

Here are the photos.

Thanks for your help.
 

Attachments

  • newfos2 004.webp
    newfos2 004.webp
    96 KB · Views: 1,769
  • newfos2 003.webp
    newfos2 003.webp
    46.2 KB · Views: 637
  • newfos2 002.webp
    newfos2 002.webp
    45.9 KB · Views: 568
  • newfos2 001.webp
    newfos2 001.webp
    45.8 KB · Views: 509
The big one does looks like an interear bone of a whale the other looks like some type of bone fragment. Cool finds! 8) 8) 8) :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom