tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a little time to get up to a local stop and the tray pile of watches looked bigger from the previous time I reviewed it. When I see those old stretch bands in the mix it's time to take a closer look. Saturday is 1/2 off also at this big outlet and these two cost me 8 bucks as I agreed on the "would you like to round it up to the next dollar, to help children in need" question they always ask here. The Elgin 17J ran all night like a top plus it's in pretty crisp and clean condition, but the Timex selfwind only goes 10 seconds with some persuasion. Neither of these are worth a great deal, but nice oldies to add to the many, I've been hoarding away.

Attachments

• IMG_20190224_055252541.jpg
    IMG_20190224_055252541.jpg
    956.9 KB · Views: 114

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right. not worth a ton but I always pick up the Elgin Sportsmans when I see them. They run forever. Timex takes a licking until they quit ticking then they are ornaments. Not repairable and not worth trying. There are some that command money. I used to say leave em lay but now I say learn which ones people buy. Timex did make a solid gold watch that fetches 1K and up FYI Thanks for sharing and may you find a real gem soon!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread