A Cure for Seasonal Affective Disorder (Cabin Fever)

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many metal detecting hobbyists have been trapped indoors by the winter weather. They're left without any opportunity to get out and go metal detecting. If this situation persists long enough it can lead to a variety of seasonal symptoms.

Here are a few of the most serious:
Excessive bench testing, using different metals and listening to the tone in ALL-METAL mode, repeated program adjustments, ground balancing on one foot, noticing a halo effect around standard light bulbs, the use of notch discrimination to eliminate EMI, digging holes in potted plants, or thinking the door bell is a good repeatable “High Tone”.

If you have one or more of these symptoms you may have “Swingnone Type 2 SAD”. Don’t see your doctor right away! While there is no cure, there is hope.

Try this; Take two pictures from your computer archive and post finds from a happier time and place to this thread. Try to remember the feeling you had when you first saw that goodie. The rush of finding roundness in the hole, or better yet, something shiny made of silver or gold! It doesn’t matter when or where that was, just get up the courage and post it to this thread! Yes you can!

Not only will you feel better, but you could be the last hope of encouragement to other Swingnone suffers!

Here's mine...I think I'm feeling better already...I think? Are you? Thanks for posting! Tt

Attachments

• IMG_0767.JPG
    IMG_0767.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0768.JPG
    IMG_0768.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:
OP
OP
Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Twin Silver

1942 Merc's

Attachments

• IMG_1438.JPG
    IMG_1438.JPG
    950.9 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread